And many nations shall come, and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of YHVH, and to the house of the Elohei of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of YHVH from Jerusalem. And he shall judge among many people… and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid; for the mouth of YHVH Tz'vaot hath spoken it… and we will walk in the name of YHVH Eloheinu for ever and ever.
Hoshana Rabbah Biblical Discipleship Resources and Congregation Elim of Portland, Oregon invite you to our tenth annual Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) gathering in the high desert, intermountain region of Central Oregon. Sukkot Northwest will hold its annual celebration in the small town of La Pine, which is located against the backdrop of several of Oregon’s tallest glaciated mountain peaks.
A Prophetic Vision
Imagine it. Babylon the Great is fallen, forsaken and abandoned. Good at long last has triumphed over evil. The saints celebrate their victory over their captive demonic oppressors. Eden of the distant past is recalled while the heaven on earth of the New Jerusalem is just over the next horizon. The Creator of the universe—the King of kings—makes his abode in Jerusalem. The Bridegroom Prince of Peace kisses his princess. They live happily ever after. This is the storybook ending to 6000 years of hell on earth!
These flash images—downloaded from heaven and archived in the prophecies Ancient Holy Scriptures—are about to begin leaping off the pages of your Bible. This is the Feast of Tabernacles (or Sukkot)—a week-long biblical festival and a foretaste of the age to come.
At Sukkot Northwest 2012 in LaPine, Oregon, we will not only fulfill the biblical (Torah) commands to gather together and to joyfully celebrate Sukkot, but, at the same time, come prepared to experience a foretaste of the Millennium where the saints of the Most High shows their love for their Heavenly Bridegroom and for each other by gathering at the place where YHVH has chosen to place his name (Deut 16:13–15; 12:5–7,17–21; 14:23). Yes, in his Word, YHVH commands his people to celebrate Sukkot each year—forever (Lev 23:1–2, 34-41; Deut 16:13–17). Though Sukkot is a commanded assembly (Lev 23:34–36; Deut 16:13–15), it's more like a doting father ordering his children to indulge themselves in the best and most exciting, other-worldly vacation of their lives! How can anyone refuse such an invitation?
Knowing our Heritage Prepares Us to Receive our Inheritance
At Sukkot Northwest 2012, we, as redeemed Israelites, will rejoice in our biblical heritage as we memorialize the wanderings of our ancestors in the wilderness en route to the Promised Land. At the same time, we will celebrate, in an anticipatory manner, the soon coming Promised Land of King Yeshua's millennial kingdom, the marriage of the Yeshua's bride (the saints of redeemed Israel) to the King himself. At this time in the not too distant future after the passionately anticipated second coming of Yeshua the Messiah has occurred, the saints will rule the world with King Yeshua, and the habitation of Elohim will be with his people, and the glory of YHVH Elohim will cover the earth as the waters cover the sea, and every man will sit under his own fig tree and vine, and the lamb and lion will lie down together and the young child will lead them. It truly will be a time of peace on earth and good will toward men!
Heaven on Earth—An Impossibility? Not With Elohim!
Experiencing a foretaste of Yeshua's kingdom of heaven on earth may seem like a tall order for short a eight-day long event, but why not aim high? After all, with Elohim, all things are possible, and we are those who walk by faith, not by sight believing that whatever we ask the Father in Yeshua's name it will be given to us. Last year at Sukkot NW 2011, the Spirit and glory of YHVH did show up to bless all those who were privileged to be there from the youngest to the oldest. This year promises to be even more glorious!
Be Part of a Cutting Edge Movement
In the last ten years of sponsoring a regional Sukkot gathering, Hoshana Rabbah has helped to pioneer the restoration of many important biblical truths in the Pacific Northwest Region of the U.S. For example, we were the first regional Sukkot to wrap into our Sukkot event these important restored biblical truths:
- The restored biblical calendar (see Natan's calendar articles) according to visible new moon and abib barley.
- The message of the restoration and reunification of the two houses of Israel.
- The gifts of the Spirit of Elohim and the five-fold ministry as released by the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- The validity of the Torah for redeemed believers today, along with a full message of the gospel as presented in the Testimony of Yeshua (the New Testament).
- The use of Hebrew names of deity.
These are truths of which we have remained staunch advocates like a lighthouse on the Rock of Gibraltar to this day!
What We Believe
We also remain staunch guardians of the following salvational truths:
- The Bible is the Word of Elohim from Genesis to Revelation.
- Yeshua is the Son of Elohim, was incarnated into human form as the Messiah, lived on this earth, died on the cross to atone for men's sins, that he resurrected from the grave and is now at the right hand of Elohim in heaven as man's High Priest and Advocate.
- One is saved from the wages of sin (i.e., the violation of YHVH's Torah), which is death, only by the grace of Elohim through faith in Yeshua the Messiah resulting in the righteous fruits in the believer's life of obedience to the Torah commands of YHVH, which teach us how to love Elohim with our all being along with our neighbor as ourself.
- That the Torah (YHVH instructions in righteousness as revealed in the books of the law of Moses) are for all people every where for all time.
- For a complete statement of our faith, see our Statement of Beliefs on our website.
You can expect the following at Sukkot NW 2012
- Sukkot Northwest is a blend of Christian-styled spirit-filled, gospel-oriented Messianic praise and worship combined with Hebraic-Davidic worship dance, shofar-blowing and timbrel-shaking along with Christian-style teaching and preaching coupled with ancient synagogue custom of group participation where the audience can actually dialog or midrash with the teacher. Everything we present to you in some way points to Yeshua our Messiah and Redeemer and helps us to worship him more fully as we learn to love him and each other by walking out his Torah commandments.
- A Torah-centered feast celebration that firmly focuses on Yeshua the Messiah and the gospel message in a Holy Spirit-filled and led environment.
- If you so desire, to be touched in a powerful and life-changing way by the Glorious Presence of YHVH Elohim by his Holy Spirit through Yeshua the Messiah including the manifestation of signs, wonders a and miracles.
- Sukkot NW not a personality or program driven Sukkot gathering. In Bible times, the only personality that people were to seek was YHVH Elohim. The only program was to come to worship him by obeying his command to celebrate his feasts. As the faithful saints of old would seek first the kingdom of Elohim and his righteousness, the rest would fall into place: joy, celebration, food, fun, the moving of the Spirit, fellowship, learning, worship, music and much more. Therefore, the goal of the Sukkot NW 2012 planning team is simply to provide the venue for those redeemed Israelites who have a heart after YHVH Elohim. As the servants and seekers of the Most High come to meet with him at Sukkot, the Glorious Presence of Elohim will spontaneously combust into the full panoply of Spirit and truth!
- We provide an affordable Sukkot experience for individual and families. This is not a money-making or profiteering endeavor for our ministry. We attempt only to cover actual Sukkot expenses.
- All the Bible teachers presenting at our Sukkot gathering hold to the basic tenets of the faith as outlined above. All are tried and tested leaders who have years of experience in the ministry and walking in a Spirit-filled and led relationship with Yeshua who is both the Living and Written Torah-Word of Elohim.
- Sukkot NW 2012 is not packed with non-stop, back-to-back meetings. There are many opportunities for rest and relaxation with other feast-goers. However, when we gather together for meetings (nearly every day), you can expect powerful encounters with the Word, Spirit and the Anointed Presence of YHVH Elohim and each other.
- This year, our ministry and teaching emphasis will largely focus on Colossians 3:1–17 with special emphasis on verses one to four:
If then you were raised with Messiah, seek those things which are above, where Messiah is, sitting at the right hand of Elohim. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Messiah in Elohim.
If the Spirit of the living YHVH Elohim is leading you to join us this year at Sukkot Northwest 2012 at Finley Butte in La Pine, Oregon, we encourage you to register with us online today and to begin making your personal preparations to join us.
Read a short History of Sukkot NW.